If you’re looking for an amazing destination spa where you can relax, eat amazing food, get pampered, but also have a ton of amazing activities to choose from, then look no further than Red Mountain Resort and Spa in St. George, Utah. Known for their “adventure vacations”, Red Mountain is the kind of resort that attracts both men and women because there are a ton of activities and options that cater to both sexes. I was there for four days with my girlfriend, and it was the perfect little girls getaway and we both left feeling relaxed, refreshed, rejuvenated, and completely devastated that we had to leave and head back to reality. Here’s a quick breakdown of what to expect when you visit:
Hiking is definitely the highlight at RM. Every morning you can sign up for a guided hike through Snow Canyon State Park which is just a few minutes from the Resort, and there are three different levels that you can choose from from beginner to expert levels that last about 2-3 hours total. Throughout the day, there are also a ton of different workout classes that you can sign up for that range from Zumba, to TRX, to yoga, to water aerobics, and more. All of the hiking and regular classes are included in the standard package, and you can also sign up for other activities (at an additional cost) like an all-day hiking adventure at Zion National Park, rock climbing, river rafting, horseback riding and more.
If you’re not as into intense activities, there’s more than enough relaxing and chill options as well. Their spa is phenomenal and they have the most amazing variety of spa treatments to choose from. I got the hot stone massage and highly recommend it. There are also several pools that you can chill out at, a labyrinth, mediation and other workshops that vary daily, or you can just chill out, do nothing and just enjoy the scenery.
In a word, the food is AMAZING. Food is included in all the packages, and breakfast and lunch are buffet style and vary on a daily basis. There are standard staples every day (cereal, fruit, oatmeal, etc. for breakfast and salad bar, cold cuts and cheeses for lunch) but there’s a wide variety in the hot options each day so you’re never bored. The dinner menu changes nightly and it consists of a menu with several options to choose from, along with the salad bar, and all the nutritional information is listed for all your entree and dessert options. There are also wine and beer options, as well as wine-based cocktails to choose from as well. There’s also a cafe that you can pick up coffee, sandwiches, salads, flatbread pizzas and more as well. All the food is spa-inspired, healthy, nutritious and seriously delicious.
- The rooms are spacious, clean and comfy, and provide everything that you need for your stay.
- I really can’t say enough about how kind and accommodating the entire staff is there. You will get the attention and service that you’d expect from a 5-star resort, and you really get the sense that that staff cares about it’s guests and providing them with a truly incredible experience.
- When you arrive, you will be provided with a list of all the activities and scheduled events for the duration of your stay, along with a backpack and two water bottles for you to use during your stay and to take home with you.
- There are a variety of different packages to choose from so check them out to see what suits your taste.
- Unlike a lot of other destination spa/resorts, RM is really affordable and doesn’t break the bank.
- Most of the guests there have been to Red Mountain Resort many, many times and keep coming back at least once a year…that kind of says it all…